Together we will grow:
- Faithfully in Christ
- As a Community of Christ
- In Service to Christ
At Living Waters we strive to grow in faith. We strive to growth through six faith disciplines which guide our lives.
Living Waters is a diverse, multi generational community of people who are gathered in the name of Christ to share each others struggles and achievements. There are many opportunities throughout the week and year where we gather for community.
Throughout the year there are many opportunities to serve in the name of Christ. Our service is done out of gratitude for what Christ has first given to us. The ways we serve are many and varied. Living Waters has a particular heart for alleviating hunger, serving children as well as the under served in our community.
- CROP Walk, Sunday, Oct. 1st Registration Now Open! The annual McHenry County CROP Walk will take place Sunday, October 1, at 1 p.m. Walk 1 or 4 miles with others from Living Waters and other congregations in our community. Donations to your effort will support hunger-fighting programs at home and around the world.
- Registration for walkers is now open! Visit the CROP Walk page at https://www.crophungerwalk.org/mchenrycounty to get details, see some
fun photos from last year, and sign up to walk or donate.
To join Team Living Waters, click the big blue REGISTER button.
- GOD’S WORK. OUR HANDS. – DAY OF SERVICE, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10- AFTER THE 10:45 SERVICE- God’s Work. Our Hands. Is an ELCA-wide day of service which celebrates who we are— one church, freed in Christ to serve and love our neighbor. This year we will be participating in the Lutheran World Relief Project Promise, which helps people around the world to cope with some of life’s most difficult situations; like the aftermath of earthquakes & floods, fleeing home to escape violence, or living in extreme poverty. What does this mean? We’ll be packing relief kits for personal care, school supplies, and baby care. How can you help? Sign up to participate or help provide the items needed. The sign-up sheet and the wish list of items for each kit are located in the narthex. Questions? See Pastor or contact Chris Zyburt, email@example.com.
- The Story- Opportunities to go deeper and Small Groups-- You heard Pastor speak about this wonderful resources. Over the course of the next year we will have several opportunities for extended study of The Story. Starting September 1st we are going to embark on a journey through scripture to grow together faithfully in Christ by better learning the story of God's redemptive work in the world. You are invited to participate through coming to worship on Sunday, purchasing a book and reading along each week or joining one of the small groups that will be digging deeper into the story and in relationship with each other. Books are available in the Narthex following worship. Join in one of these studies to grow deeper in your understanding of what God has been up to in our world and in our lives and grow in relationship with others.
- -- Adult Forum on Sunday morning 9:15-10:45
-- Study at Del Web on 1st and 3rd Wednesday’s of the month from 3:00-4:00pm starts Sept. 6.
-- Thursday Morning at Living Waters 10:00am-11:30am. Starts Sept. 7
-- Men’s Study Saturday mornings 7:30-8:30 am at Daily Projects at Randall Rd and Algonquin Rd. Starts Sept. 9.
There is a meeting on Tuesday August 29 at 6pm to determine one or two more opportunities. See Pastor Dustin if you are interested in helping to form it.
We need creation pictures-- The first chapter of The Story will be the topic on September 10. Because the topic is creation we need you to send in three pictures per person of creation defined anyway you determine. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5.
- Wednesday Night Monthly Meals: We are so excited to start this new ministry! September 27 we will begin our Wednesday Night Monthly Meals. We will start with chili and hot dogs at at 7:00 followed by small group games! The evening will conclude at 8:30. Come and get to know the people you sit next to in church a little better!
On October 18 we will have a pasta night followed by small group activities and we will even make our own gratitude journal for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! Please join the fun!
- Beautiful Flowers- If you are interested in sponsoring an altar flower arrangement, you may pay by cash, check or online through our donation link. Arrangements are $20 each and are yours to enjoy following the last service. You can sponsor one or both arrangements. Sign up sheet is in the Narthex.
- Meet Our Christian Companions in India!- The Northern Illinois Synod is sponsoring a trip to India next February to visit our companion synod, the Arcot Lutheran Church (ALC). If you’re interested in the trip or just curious to know more about our Indian brothers and sisters, some opportunities are coming up:
- On October 22, Esther and John will be speaking at all three services at Living Waters.
- Adult Forum Returns Sept. 3- Join us this fall on Sunday mornings at 9:15 as we gather around the table in Room 2 to discuss our lives, our hopes, our faith, and what we're finding in the Bible passages we read together. We're starting early this fall! Our first class will be September 3. This year, our classes will parallel the readings from The Story that Pastor Dustin will be using for the basis of his sermons. Come to Adult Forum to get more background information and a chance to probe our questions about what God was--and is--up to as we explore the stories of the Bible arranged from “in the beginning” until the end of time.
- To keep up with the latest about Adult Forum visit the adult ed web page.
- Gardening anyone?- Still need help weeding, watering and harvesting. Interested contact Pastor Dustin.
- Worship Team Volunteers- Please--We are looking for people who would like a more intimate and personal experience when it comes to worshiping. If this is you, consider becoming part of our worship team volunteers. We could really use more people in assisting ministers, usher, candle lighter, and media roles, especially for the 9:15 service. If you are interested or have questions please contact Becky Marshall at:
It takes all of us to make Living Waters grow
- Healing Ministers- We are looking for additional people to join the Healing Ministers that serve on the 2nd Sunday of the month at the church services. If you are interested or have questions please contact: Pastor Dustin at email@example.com
- Our Service date in September is- FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 22nd
Can you donate a little time to help out others in our church's community? The Crystal Lake Food Pantry needs your help on our September service day. Hours for volunteers are needed from 8:30am to 2:30pm . You can help all day or a few hours........mornings can be from 8:30am to noon OR from noon to 2:30pm......or anytime you can give us. Please consider serving at the pantry, we always need more volunteers. Please let me know by emailing me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 847 428 9218.
Thanks.......peace, Jean Wolden
- Thursday, August 31 - Outreach Meeting - All are welcome to the 6:30 meeting!
- Sunday, September 10 - Confirmation Blessing - Come and join our church family as we bless our young adults at the 10:45 service.
- Sunday, September 10 - 3 year old bible workshop - Parents and toddlers join Pastor Dustin at noon to discover how fun the bible can be!
- High School Youth Group- Begins on Sunday, September 17th
- NOON to 2pm please bring a lunch. Questions contact Pastor Dustin or
Rhiannon Frenz at email@example.com
- Sunday, September 17 - 3 year old bible blessing- Join us in worship to bless the toddlers and their new bibles.
- Sunday, September 24 - 3rd grade bible workshop- Parents and children join Pastor Dustin at noon to discover how fun the bible can be!
- Sunday, September 24 - 3rd grade bible blessing- Join us in worship to bless the children and their new bibles.
- Sunday, September 24 - Ministry Fair- Come and see what all our ministries have going on here at the church.
- Prayer Hour- We would like to form a team that would coordinate a 1 hour prayer time each week . If you are interested or have questions please contact: Pastor Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care Ministry- The Care Ministry would like to offer support within our Living Waters family wherever and however it might be needed. Email: email@example.com