Together we will grow:
- Faithfully in Christ
- As a Community of Christ
- In Service to Christ
At Living Waters we strive to grow in faith. We strive to growth through six faith disciplines which guide our lives.
Living Waters is a diverse, multi generational community of people who are gathered in the name of Christ to share each others struggles and achievements. There are many opportunities throughout the week and year where we gather for community.
Throughout the year there are many opportunities to serve in the name of Christ. Our service is done out of gratitude for what Christ has first given to us. The ways we serve are many and varied. Living Waters has a particular heart for alleviating hunger, serving children as well as the under served in our community.
- Food Scavenger Hunt - Join us for a fun hour after service on November 5th at noon for a food scavenger hunt! Adults and kids alike are needed. We will divide into teams and see which team can collect the most food from the neighborhood. All food goes to the Crystal Lake Food Pantry.
- Thanksgiving Dinner--For those who are not able to meet up with family and friends on Thanksgiving for various reasons--you are invited to attend a Thanksgiving meal with your family at Living Waters. This is a casual meal for those who would otherwise be alone or with only their immediate families and would like to share this time of giving thanks with others. Please bring your favorite side dish to pass. Turkey, potatoes and stuffing will be provided. Mealtime is at 2pm on November 23rd.
- Manna Gift Cards on Sale - Support our Teens at NO COST to you! Grocery shopping? Thanksgiving groceries? Black Friday shopping? new boots? Teacher gifts? Giving Tree gifts? Winter clothes? Christmas Shopping? New shovel? Hot cup of coffee? Gas? Going to the Movies? A bite to eat? All you have to do is purchase Manna gift cards. Over 200 vendors to pick from!!! The youth receive a percentage form the amount applied on the gift card. Delivery will be November 12th. Questions? Email Jenny Conway - email@example.com
- Army Angel Tree - We are looking for someone to be a co-leader for the Salvation Army Angel Tree project this November and December. Those interested would need to help set up the tree, organize, inventory and pack the gifts to be sent back to the Salvation Army. If you are interested please contact Becky Marshall at 224-623-884
- Movie Tickets for Sale to Benefit the Youth - Tickets will be on sale in the lobby between services for the the movie THE STAR on November 19! This is an animated movie about the First Christmas. Contact Lee Williams if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Story- Opportunities to go deeper and Small Groups-- You heard Pastor speak about this wonderful resources. Over the course of the next year we will have several opportunities for extended study of The Story. Starting September 1st we are going to embark on a journey through scripture to grow together faithfully in Christ by better learning the story of God's redemptive work in the world. You are invited to participate through coming to worship on Sunday, purchasing a book and reading along each week or joining one of the small groups that will be digging deeper into the story and in relationship with each other. Books are available in the Narthex following worship. Join in one of these studies to grow deeper in your understanding of what God has been up to in our world and in our lives and grow in relationship with others.
- -- Adult Forum on Sunday morning 9:15-10:45
- -- Study at Del Web on 1st and 3rd Wednesday’s of the month from 3:00-4:00pm starts Sept. 6
- -- Thursday Morning at Living Waters 10:00am-11:30am. Starts Sept. 7
--Thursday evenings at 7:00
-- Men’s Study Saturday mornings 7:30-8:30 am at Daily Projects at Randall Rd and Algonquin Rd. Starts Sept. 9.
- See Pastor Dustin if you are interested in helping to form it.
- A Ton of Food for the Crystal Lake Food Pantry - The outreach team is challenging the people of Living Waters to donate a ton of food to the Crystal Lake Food Pantry this year. At 1,379 pounds, we are more than halfway there! Place your donations of nonperishable food in the shopping cart in the narthex. Consider bringing sugar or flour, and canned fruit which are all heavy bulky goods to help reach our goal of 2, 000 lbs.
- Wednesday Night Monthly Meals- November 15 we will be having a taco night! We will start at 7pm and end by 8:30pm! If you would like to bring a desert, or topping for tacos please sign up in the lobby. Come and get to know the people you sit next to in church a little better.
- Beautiful Flowers- If you are interested in sponsoring an altar flower arrangement, you may pay by cash, check or online through our donation link. Arrangements are $20 each and are yours to enjoy following the last service. You can sponsor one or both arrangements. Sign up sheet is in the Narthex.
- Adult Forum - Adult Forum welcomes you to Bible study and conversation on Sundays at 9:15 a.m. in Room 2. This year, our classes will parallel to the readings from "The Story" that Pastor Dustin will be using for the basis of his sermons. To keep up with the latest about Adult Forum
visit the adult ed web page.
- Gardening anyone?- Still need help weeding, watering and harvesting. Interested contact Pastor Dustin.
- Worship Team Volunteers- Please--We are looking for people who would like a more intimate and personal experience when it comes to worshiping. If this is you, consider becoming part of our worship team volunteers. We could really use more people in assisting ministers, usher, candle lighter, and media roles, especially for the 9:15 service. If you are interested or have questions please contact Becky Marshall at:
It takes all of us to make Living Waters grow
- Care Ministry- The Care Ministry supports home cooked meals, lending an ear, assistance if needed and communicating with a simple card or two. Within our Living Waters family wherever and however it might be needed we should be there. Send an email if you are interested in making meals or help where needed.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- CL Food Pantry- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND- Our next day to volunteer at the Crystal Lake Food Pantry is Wednesday, November 22nd. The pantry is open same hours on Saturday, so help is needed all day (9:00 am - 2:30pm). Add’l help remains needed for Mon, Tues & Wed mornings. Pantry is in need of Sugar, Flour, canned fruit & Ramen. Please get in touch with me at the 8:00 service on Sunday, email me (Jean) email@example.com or call 847 428 9218. Thanks so much for helping feed our neighbors. Jean W.
- ALSO THE PANTRY IS IN NEED OF: Anyone who would want to help sell items in pantry, Ebayers, Craigslist fans, or garage sale aficionados? We need someone who will work from home, take pictures and write descriptions of items that we can sell from the pantry to raise money. Post renovations has left us with extra doors, chairs, etc. Talk to Jean if interested, she will contact the pantry on how you can help. You cn reach her at the 8:00 service on Sunday, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-428-9218.
- Confirmation Classes- REMINDER Grades 7th & 8th confirmation group will meet each Wednesday evening from 7-8:30 pm.
- High School Youth Group- Is on each Sunday at noon to 2pm please bring a lunch. Questions contact Pastor Dustin or Rhiannon Frenz at email@example.com
- Sunday School Classes have begun- Pre-school through 6th grade. Sunday school will run during the 9:15 service and will follow the sermon stories. Registration is available on the Living Waters web site. Questions contact Lee Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday School Volunteers are NEEDED!- Please contact Lee Williams if your interested. email@example.com
- Prayer Hour- We would like to form a team that would coordinate a 1 hour prayer time each week . If you are interested or have questions please contact: Pastor Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fellowship Meeting - In room 2 on November 8th for all to come and place your creative ideas on the table. See you at 7pm.