Together we will grow:
- Faithfully in Christ
- As a Community of Christ
- In Service to Christ
At Living Waters we strive to grow in faith. We strive to growth through six faith disciplines which guide our lives.
Living Waters is a diverse, multi generational community of people who are gathered in the name of Christ to share each others struggles and achievements. There are many opportunities throughout the week and year where we gather for community.
Throughout the year there are many opportunities to serve in the name of Christ. Our service is done out of gratitude for what Christ has first given to us. The ways we serve are many and varied. Living Waters has a particular heart for alleviating hunger, serving children as well as the under served in our community.
- Thursday Morning Bible Studies is CANCELED- for October 12th. Bible studies will resume on Thursday, October 19th at 10am here at Living Waters.
- Outreach Meeting- Tuesday, October 10th held here at LW’s. All are welcome to the 6:30 meeting!
- Fellowship Meeting- In room 2 on October 11th for all to come and place your creative ideas on the table. See you at 7pm.
- Tricks and Treat- Wear your best CUSTOMES- Get ready for fun at our Tricks and Treats evening at Living Waters Church. We will have games, stories, hayrides, treats and a blazing bonfire at 6:30 for smores. Bring a blanket or chair; costumes optional. Price of Admission is a CAN GOOD DONATION. Join us October 27th at 6:30.
- FRB Harvest Celebration, Saturday, Oct. 21- Mark your calendars for a great cause and fun day for people of all ages: the Foods Resource Bank’s Harvest Celebration on Saturday, October 21, beginning with a community worship service at 10 a.m. Our hosts are farmers Stacy and Karleen Dolder, 11625 Countyline Rd., Somonauk, IL. Activities include a luncheon, exhibits, games, and a pie auction. We will be seeking volunteers to bake pies and cookies. For details, visit http://www.livingwaterschurch.com/foods-resource-bank.html.
- The Story- Opportunities to go deeper and Small Groups-- You heard Pastor speak about this wonderful resources. Over the course of the next year we will have several opportunities for extended study of The Story. Starting September 1st we are going to embark on a journey through scripture to grow together faithfully in Christ by better learning the story of God's redemptive work in the world. You are invited to participate through coming to worship on Sunday, purchasing a book and reading along each week or joining one of the small groups that will be digging deeper into the story and in relationship with each other. Books are available in the Narthex following worship. Join in one of these studies to grow deeper in your understanding of what God has been up to in our world and in our lives and grow in relationship with others.
- -- Adult Forum on Sunday morning 9:15-10:4
- -- Study at Del Web on 1st and 3rd Wednesday’s of the month from 3:00-4:00pm
- starts Sept. 6
-- Thursday Morning at Living Waters 10:00am-11:30am. Starts Sept. 7
-- Men’s Study Saturday mornings 7:30-8:30 am at Daily Projects at Randall Rd and Algonquin Rd. Starts Sept. 9.
See Pastor Dustin if you are interested in helping to form it.
- Wednesday Night Monthly Meals- We are so excited to start this new ministry! Thank you for those who joined us on September 27th Wednesday Night Monthly Meal! Our next one is on October 18th. We will have a pasta night followed by small group activities and we will even make our own gratitude journal for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! Please join the fun! We will start at 7pm and end by 8:30pm! If you would like to bring a desert, salad, or toppings for the pasta, please sign up in the lobby. Come and get to know the people you sit next to in church a little better
- Beautiful Flowers- If you are interested in sponsoring an altar flower arrangement, you may pay by cash, check or online through our donation link. Arrangements are $20 each and are yours to enjoy following the last service. You can sponsor one or both arrangements. Sign up sheet is in the Narthex.
- Meet Our Christian Companions in India!- The Northern Illinois Synod is sponsoring a trip to India next February to visit our companion synod, the Arcot Lutheran Church (ALC). If you’re interested in the trip or just curious to know more about our Indian brothers and sisters, some opportunities are coming up:
- On October 22, Esther and John will be speaking at all three services at Living Waters.
- Adult Forum - Adult Forum welcomes you to Bible study and conversation on Sundays at 9:15 a.m. in Room 2. This year, our classes will parallel to the readings from "The Story" that Pastor Dustin will be using for the basis of his sermons. To keep up with the latest about Adult Forum
visit the adult ed web page.
- Gardening anyone?- Still need help weeding, watering and harvesting. Interested contact Pastor Dustin.
- Worship Team Volunteers- Please--We are looking for people who would like a more intimate and personal experience when it comes to worshiping. If this is you, consider becoming part of our worship team volunteers. We could really use more people in assisting ministers, usher, candle lighter, and media roles, especially for the 9:15 service. If you are interested or have questions please contact Becky Marshall at:
It takes all of us to make Living Waters grow
- Care Ministry- The Care Ministry supports home cooked meals, lending an ear, assistance if needed and communicating with a simple card or two. Within our Living Waters family wherever and however it might be needed we should be there. Send an email if you are interested in making meals or help where needed.
- CL Food Pantry- FRIDAY - OCTOBER 20TH- Our next day to volunteer at the Crystal Lake Food Pantry is Friday, October 20th. The pantry is open same hours on Saturday, so help is needed all day (9:00 am - 2:30pm). Add’l help remains needed for Mon & Wed. Pantry is in need of Sugar, Flour, canned fruit & Ramen. Please get in touch with me at the 8:00 service on Sunday, email me (Jean) firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847 428 9218.
- Thanks so much for helping feed our neighbors. Jean W.
- Confirmation Classes- REMINDER Grades 7th & 8th confirmation group will meet each Wednesday evening from 7-8:30 pm.
- High School Youth Group- Is on each Sunday at noon to 2pm please bring a lunch. Questions contact Pastor Dustin or Rhiannon Frenz at email@example.com
- Sunday School Classes have begun- Pre-school through 6th grade. Sunday school will run during the 9:15 service and will follow the sermon stories. Registration is available on the Living Waters web site. Questions contact Lee Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday School Volunteers are NEEDED!- Please contact Lee Williams if your interested. email@example.com
- Prayer Hour- We would like to form a team that would coordinate a 1 hour prayer time each week . If you are interested or have questions please contact: Pastor Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- College Care Packages- On Oct 15th at noon we will be making college care packages! Stay after service for some fellowship while we help those who have left for school. If you know of a college student send their information to email@example.com so we can send them a package! More items are needed if you have anything to donate to help a college student start out there first semester (example pens, sticky notes, cocoa, microwave popcorn, candy & cards would be appreciated).
- Parents, Kids, and Money Matters- Join us for a free educational workshop that can help you teach your young children (ages6-10) about responsible money management. This workshop is designed for parents and children. Presented by Sue Rayas on Oct 22nd at NOON. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of adults and children that will be attending.