Saturday, May 1, 2021
9 AM to approximately 4 PM
From your own comfy, quiet location via Zoom
Theme: "God's Diamonds in the Rough"
The 2020 theme is now the theme for 2021: "God's Diamonds in the Rough." How are we like diamonds? The purest diamonds are clear, and the beautiful colors come from impurities in the gem. Maybe we don't see our lives as perfect; they contain impurities of one kind or another. But we are still a beautiful, colorful creation of God, beloved by God.
What can we do online?
We will learn from and be inspired by meaningful talks by inspiring women, share our thoughts in small-group breakouts, engage in fun and/or creative activities, contribute to service projects, and pray together during devotions.
What does it cost?
To cover expenses, we are asking for $35 for this format.
I registered for the 2020 retreat (which was canceled). What happens to that payment?
Because we are doing things differently this year, we’re tracking the costs of running an online format, including amounts we charged and our expenses to run it, separate from our typical retreat costs. This will help us plan both for future in-person retreats and for possible online retreats. You can help us by paying for this retreat now and reserving any past payments to use for the 2022 in-person retreat. Because of the structure of our system, we begin to pay for things like reserving the venue a year in advance. Thus, we have begun to have expenses for 2022. If that does not work for you, please let us know, and we’ll be happy handle your situation differently. Thank you for your understanding.
How do I register?
1. Submit your payment on Realm, using this link. If you don't have access to Realm, please contact Heidi or Mary Ann or the church office to make other arrangements.
2. Complete the registration form here.
About Our Annual In-Person Retreats
All women are invited to participate in our annual retreats. A retreat offers time for discernment and perspective. We learn from and are inspired by meaningful speeches, activities, service, and devotions. This is also an opportunity to spend more time with God and other sisters in Christ. Retreat participants also have a chance to contribute to service projects.
Here are a few comments from participants' evaluations of past retreats:
- “Amidst all the story-telling, devotions, and fun, it is obvious the Holy Spirit is working to create relationships, inspire and renew.”- Trish N.
- “You’ll get so much more out of the retreat than you ever expected.”- Patricia L.
- “ Having attended the Women’s Retreat over the last 5 years, I’ve seen up close and personal how God has shown up in the lives of women and their families –stories of both struggle and joy which demonstrate Gods love and faithfulness, no matter what” Doris H.
- "I enjoy going to the retreat for the opportunity to take time and care only for myself (not the kids/husband/dog) for one weekend out of the year, while making connections with women of our church that sustain me through the return to daily life.-Erin H.
- "The Spiritual uplifting and the ability to commune with my lovely sisters, means every thing to me." Betty Jo J.
- "I enjoy the fellowship and the fun at the Women's Retreat, along with reflection that the retreat encourages."- Diane S.
- "The Women's Retreat is a wonderful combination of faith stories, prayer, social ministry projects, laughter, getting to know other women, fun, tasty snacks, and more laughter." -Deb M.
At Bishop Lane Retreat Center--