Traditional Service at 8:00AM
Contemporary Service at 9:15 & 10:45AM
Together we will grow:
- Faithfully in Christ
- As a Community of Christ
- In Service to Christ
Feed My Starving Children
Sign up here for Feed My Starving Children on May 5 at 9:00 am to 11am at the Schaumburg location! Meet at the church at 8:10 to carpool.
At Living Waters we strive to grow in faith. We strive to growth through six faith disciplines which guide our lives.
Living Waters is a diverse, multi generational community of people who are gathered in the name of Christ to share each others struggles and achievements. There are many opportunities throughout the week and year where we gather for community.
Throughout the year there are many opportunities to serve in the name of Christ. Our service is done out of gratitude for what Christ has first given to us. The ways we serve are many and varied. Living Waters has a particular heart for alleviating hunger, serving children as well as the under served in our community.
- Join us July 30 - Aug 3 for Vacation Bible School!- We will be learning about Jesus from 9am to noon for kids entering kindergarten through sixth grade. Seventh graders and up will stay for service and fun with our Teens Growing in Faith program until 5pm. Watch our website for the upcoming registration! www.livingwaterschurch.com
- Parent, Teen, and Money Matters - Join us May 20 at noon for practical ideas in our Parents, Kids and Money Matters® workshop. This is a values-based family workshop developed by Thrivent Financial. The free, 50-minute interactive workshop helps families establish good money habits. We need a minimum RSVP to run it so please email Lee Williams if you are interested! email@example.com
- New Members Classes- Starts May 6, 2018 at 12pm - 2:30pm in Rm 2 May 20, receive
- 2018 Food Pantry Challenge!- Last year we collected one ton of donations for the Crystal Lake Food Pantry. This year the Outreach Team challenges Living Waters to donate one ton to both of the food pantries we support. As of the end of February, we’ve contributed 176 pounds to the Crystal Lake pantry and almost 80 pounds to the LITH/Algonquin pantry. The greatest needs: flour, sugar, spaghetti, paper towels, and juice in family sizes. Put your donations in the black bins under the coat rack.
1 ton each
Which goal will we
- LWLC Women’s Retreat Committee has decided to support Agape House and the Share Program for this year’s service projects- Agape House welcomes girls from all works of life who are hurting and seeking ways to heal, helping them grow into healthy and productive adults. Trained professionals provide programs for the teen girls and young adult women as well as counseling for families and the greater community. Agape House is located in Walworth WI.
- Christian CDs
- Healthy snacks i.e., almonds, walnuts, cashews, raisins, beef sticks, and low sugar protein drinks
- Drawing/Painting paper, 11 x 14 or larger
- Canvas for painting, any size
Items that we will be collecting for Share include:
- Chap Stick
- Disposal Razors
- Shaving Cream
- Hair Spray (travel size)
- Underwear and socks... male and female in all sizes (new only please)
- Food Resource Bank (Lenten Project) We did it!!!
We really went bananas for FRB!!!! We did it, we reached our stretch goal to rent the 1 1/2 acres ($1165.00) to help teach local people in the poorest parts of the world to grow more crops to support themselves. We even have a little extra to start our spring garden to start raising funds for next year!!! In the next few weeks we will present the check to FRB and Chris Schenkenfelder will get that long awaited banana pie in the face!! Thank you all who either contributed or helped in any way. - The Outreach Team
- Prayer Chain Group- We are always looking for people to add to the prayer chain group. This is an easy commitment. Do you have 10-15 minutes a day to pray for others? The members of the prayer chain receive an email with the prayers that people has asked for on Sunday. It is asked that you pray for these people on a daily basis until the next list comes out the following week. If you are interested you can email the church office at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address. Thanks for considering this opportunity.
- Feed My Starving Children- Join us on Saturday, May 5th, from 9 am - 11 am at the FMSC location in Schaumburg to help pack meals for those in underprivileged areas throughout the world. If you need to carpool, we will meet at LWLC at 8:10 am (contact Mary Ann at 815-529-6279 if you need to). Sign up sheet in lobby or sign up on website! Hope you can join us! - The Outreach Team
- Food Pantry Current Needs- If you are contributing goods to the food Pantry, they are especially in need of large (family) size bottles/cans of juices (apple, grape, cranberry & tomato) and Sugar. The following items are always needed: paper towels, soups, canned fruit, & cereals. Thank you for your donations!
- Wednesday Night Connection Meal- Joining us April 18th for a family friendly taco night where we will explore prayer. This month we will be exploring ways to pray after our meal. Praying can seem like it’s quite and private, but it doesn’t have to be. There are lots of ways to pray - out loud, silently, looking up, looking down, looking at each other, whispering, burning prayer papers and so on. In this session we will explore several creative ways to pray. All ages are welcome! The evening is free and it runs from 7 - 8:30.
- Women’s Retreat – "God’s Amore is our Armor" The 2018 Retreat is upcoming April 20-22, 2018 at the Bishop Lane Retreat center! If you still wish to sign up or have questions, please contact Mary Ann Dahlke at (815)529-6279. You should be receiving an email letter in the next few details with all the details. Also see the insert in bulletin this week for items we are collecting for our service projects.
- There’s a new Barista in Town- We need teammates making up coffee, putting out the snacks, bringing in the treats on Sunday mornings for each service time. If you love coffee this may be the job for you. Maybe you prefer to bake, or just pick something extra up at the store. Look forward to keeping us warm. Contact: Doris Ronge
- Crystal Lake Pantry- Our next day to serve at the pantry will be Wednesday, March 28th, 2018. Folks are needed 8:30am. 9am, 12pm, and 2:30pm. As always Thank You.
- Beautiful Flowers- If you are interested in sponsoring an altar flower arrangement, you may pay by cash, check or online through our donation link. Arrangements are $20 each and are yours to enjoy following the last service. You can sponsor one or both arrangements. Sign up sheet is in the Narthex.
- Adult Forum - Adult Forum welcomes you to Bible study and conversation on Sundays at 9:15 a.m. in Room 2. To keep up with the latest about Adult Forum (and see some of our friendly faces), visit the adult ed web page. Join us any or every Sunday.
Join us any or every Sunday.
Questions contact Karen Schenkenfelder
- Worship Team Volunteers- Please--We are looking for people who would like a more intimate and personal experience when it comes to worshiping. If this is you, consider becoming part of our worship team volunteers. We could really use more people in assisting ministers, usher, candle lighter, and media roles, especially for the 9:15 service. If you are interested or have questions please contact Doris Ronge:
It takes all of us to make Living Waters grow
- Care Ministry- The Care Ministry supports home cooked meals, lending an ear, assistance if needed and communicating with a simple card or two. Within our Living Waters family wherever and however it might be needed we should be there. Send an email if you are interested in making meals or help where needed.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation Classes- REMINDER Grades 7th & 8th confirmation group will meet each Wednesday evening from 7-8:30 pm.
- High School Youth Group- Is on each Sunday at noon to 2pm please bring a lunch. Questions contact Pastor Dustin or Rhiannon Frenz at email@example.com
- Sunday School Classes - Pre-school through 6th grade. Sunday school will run during the 9:15 service and will follow the sermon stories. Registration is available on the Living Waters web site. Questions contact Lee Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday School Volunteers are NEEDED!- Please contact Lee Williams if your interested. email@example.com
- Prayer Hour- We would like to form a team that would coordinate a 1 hour prayer time each week . If you are interested or have questions please contact: Pastor Dustin at firstname.lastname@example.org